3 Ways to Ensure Secure & Productive Remote Work
As remote work becomes increasingly common, it’s become essential to empower employees to be productive from anywhere. At the same time, you can’t compromise on security. These goals are complementary: secure work is productive work.
With the right technology approach and IT partner, you can protect data, devices and applications, minimize the impact of security on your staff, and simplify IT.
3 Secure Remote Work Challenges
- Remote Access to Apps: traditional VPN-based access implies trust based on where you are located and can negatively affect both security and productivity, so how can you deliver seamless access while maintaining high levels of protection?
- Device & App Management: remote workers need the ability to be productive on a wide range of devices, yet IT needs visibility into which apps are being used and control over sensitive data, so how can you simplify management of complex device and app ecosystems?
- Data Protection: with workers accessing apps and data remotely, traditional perimeter-based security methods are not the best fit, so how can you protect your organization’s resources wherever they live?
Enabling Remote Access to Apps
Eliminate the complexity of VPN-based access to provide the tools your employees and volunteers need with strong security and high performance.
Single Sign-on Security & Convenience
Azure Active Directory (AD) allows you to deliver highly secure, one-click access to applications, whether on-premise or in the cloud:
- One identity, thousands of apps
- No VPN required
- Works across devices
Adaptable, Smart Security
Never trust, always verify. Azure AD Conditional Access automatically applies the right level of control based on context, using information about device, location, user role, risk, and more.
When an unusual login location is detected Azure initiates a multifactor authentication challenge and the user ID confirmed or access is blocked.
Manage Devices & Apps
From traditional PCs to mobile devices connecting through the cloud, modern solutions unify security and management to simplify support for remote workers.
Device Management Unification
Microsoft Endpoint Manager brings together traditional, on premises PC management solutions with advanced, AI-powered cloud tools in one solution.
Endpoint Manager = Intune + System Center Configuration Manager
Data Protection on All Devices
Ensure continuous productivity by securing organization data on both managed and personal devices. Microsoft Intune verifies device compliance, Azure AD enforces conditional access policy based on device status, and only compliant devices can access apps and services.
Protect Your Resources
You can empower users to access mission-critical data without increasing security risk. by discovering, managing and protecting your sensitive data wherever it goes.
Microsoft Information Protection covers devices, apps, cloud, and on-premise by marking, encrypting, restricting access, and analyzing.
With Microsoft Cloud App Security, you can discover and control access to your cloud apps:
- Identify which apps people are using
- Assess risk levels and compliance
- Detect unusual behavior across cloud apps
With Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection Plus and Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection, you will protect your resources and:
- Discover and remediate endpoint vulnerabilities and misconfigurations
- Reduce attack surface to harden your systems and to regulate access to potentially malicious IPs, domains, and URLs
- Automate the process of investigating and remediating threats
- Protect users against phishing and malware attacks
Empower Your People to be Productive, Anywhere
An effective modern workplace requires highly secure, high-performance remote access to apps and data across devices and locations. Microsoft offers a comprehensive suite of tools and solutions to enable productivity anywhere and GO Technology Group can assess and implement whatever you need to make it happen.